Option 1: Take a Public Bus
Taking a public bus from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia is a good option for families that are on a budget.
It’s recommended for the average family, not including the elderly, infants, or young children because of the crowding and hazards.
The benefits of taking the bus include:
- Price: It’s around SGD$6 per person one way, which is less expensive than other options.
- Planning: It doesn’t require any booking ahead of time.
Unfortunately, the bus isn’t a good route to take if time is of the essence.
The bus typically takes around 2 hours to travel from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia, and that doesn’t include stopping at customs which can add another 3 hours to the trip.
Other cons include:
- Seating goes quickly and wait times are long, so leave early!
- Complicated routes, stops, and transfers for those that aren’t familiar with the area.
- Baggage needs to be carried on both in Singapore and then again in Malaysia after going through customs.
If this is a viable option, there are a few different routes you can take depending on where you are.
From Boon Lay or Jurong East, the buses operate between 7:10 in the morning and 11:45 at night during the week. On weekends, they start at 7:30 in the morning and close at 11:45 at night as well.
- If traveling from Boon Lay, you’ll need to take bus number CW6 priced at $4 per person.
- If boarding at Jurong East, get on bus numbers CW4 or CW3 for the same price.
Pass the first checkpoint (Tuas) and then get off of the bus at the first stop, which is the CIQ Interlink located in Malaysia.
From then, you’ll need to reload your baggage and take Bus JPO2 if it’s a weekday. It costs SGD$2.50 per person and leaves every 3 hours starting at 8:30 AM.
If it’s a weekend or a public holiday, you’ll need to take Bus SL1, which is only SGD$0.78 per person. This bus leaves every 90 minutes beginning at 9 AM.
In both cases, Legoland is the first stop.
If departing from the following areas, take the corresponding bus route to reach JB Central. Once there, take the LM1 bus (Causeway Link) priced at SGD$2.11 per person.
During the week, buses leave every 90 minutes beginning at 8am until 6:30pm.
If it’s a weekend, the bus leaves every hour between 8am and 7pm.
From Singapore: take JB Express
From Newton Circus: CW5 (Causeway Link)
From Kranji MRT: take SBS bus 170
From Woodlands MRT: take SMRT 950
From Queen St: take CW2 (Causeway Link) or SBS Bus 170